Bridge Built Phoenix Rack Overview
The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack is a squat rack that’s steadily growing in popularity among lifters and home gym owners. It offers a safe and stable platform to do many compound barbell lifts and reach your goals.
The rack is made of 3x3” 11-gauge tube steel and is capable of supporting 1,000+ lbs (454+ kg), making it ideal for heavy lifting. Thanks to the standard size and ¾” hardware, the rack is compatible with various attachments that can expand its functionality, allowing you to do more exercises and keep your training fun.
Plus, the rack is foldable, which makes it ideal for small spaces. The unfolded width is 49” (124.4 cm), and you can narrow it down to 12” (30.5 cm) when folded. However, despite the compact size, the Bridge Built Phoenix rack is quite sturdy.
- American made
- Made with 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights
- ¾” hardware
- 2” (5 cm) hole spacing
- Footprint: 48” (121.9 cm) length by 49”/12” (124.4 or 30.5 cm) width
- Height: 75”, 87”, or 99” (190.5, 221, or 251.4 cm)
- 150 lbs (68.1 kg) total weight with J-hooks
- Foldable design
- Powder coat finish
- Multiple color options
- Numbered & slotted uprights
What Makes The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack Great?
Here are 10 of the benefits of the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack:
- Versatile: you can use the Phoenix rack for many exercises, including barbell squats, the bench press, overhead presses, and rack pulls (so long as you have spotter arms).
- Durable: given the sturdy build and 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights, the Phoenix Rack is built to last and can handle 1000+ lbs (454+ kg).
- Compact: thanks to its small footprint of 48” by 49”, the Phoenix Rack doesn’t take up much space and is ideal for home and garage gyms and small fitness studios.
- Foldable: you can easily fold the rack, reducing its width from 49” to 12”, and store it away when you don’t need it. You can get an optional wheel kit to move it around your home gym.
- Easy: some people dislike folding squat racks because opening and closing is a hassle. The Phoenix Rack is great precisely because everything is held into position via pins, and you can easily open and close it in seconds.
- Quality: the Bridge Built Phoenix Squat Rack is made of high-quality materials and will likely last a lifetime with proper use.
- Height: you can pick between three height options––75”, 87”, or 99” (190.5, 221, or 251.4 cm). In other words, six feet, seven feet, or eight feet.
- Compatibility: the Phoenix Rack is compatible with all the Bridge Buillt accessories. These include a pull-up bar, spotter arms, landmine attachment, and dip station.
- Colors: you can get the Phoenix Rack in classic black, but you can also get it in blue, red, white, and more. There are also secondary color options.
- Numbers: the holes in the uprights are numbered for quick adjustment of your J-hooks and spotter arms. The uprights are also slotted, which means there are smaller secondary holes for quick carabiner attachment.
Overall, the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack is a fantastic, high-end option for anyone looking for a quality, versatile, and space-saving piece of equipment. That said, the Phoenix Rack does come with a few drawbacks, so let’s talk about them.
A Few Drawbacks of the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack
- Cost: the base price of the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack is $799, which is expensive for a folding rack.
- Adjustability: the rack comes with a 2” hole spacing, which can be somewhat limiting when adjusting the height of your J-hooks and spotter arms. A Westside hole spacing (1” apart) is better because it offers more flexibility.
- Pull-up bar: unlike many folding racks on the market, the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack doesn’t come standard with a pull-up bar. You can purchase one separately for an extra $150.
- Compatible accessories: while there are plenty of accessories you can add to your Phoenix Rack, each costs a pretty penny. For example, a pair of spotter arms, a pull-up bar, a dip station, and a landmine attachment will cost you an extra $825.
- About the colors: the Phoenix Rack has many primary and secondary color options. However, everything besides black costs an extra $100. For example, if you get the rack with Sky White as a primary color and Army Green as secondary, the price will go from $799 to $999.
Speaking of the colors, you must wait an extra 20 to 40 business days for delivery if you order your rack with custom colors.
What's Included in the Package
- One Bridge Built Phoenix Rack
- Two J-hooks
- Four quick-release pins
Attachment Compatibility Of The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack
The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack is compatible with many attachments. Here is a quick list of the most popular options:
- J-hooks: fortunately, the J-hooks come standard with the Bridge Built Phoenix Rack.
- Safety spotter arms: you can (and should) get safety spotter arms to stay safe during your workouts. Sadly, a pair of these cost $300.
- Dip station: you can get a dip bar and attach it to one of the rack uprights via a pin. The dip bar by Bridge Built costs $225.
- Landmine attachment: easily attach a landmine to one of the two uprights via a pin. One of these will cost $150, but you can look for alternative and far cheaper options on the market.
- Pull-up bar: unfortunately, the Phoenix Rack doesn’t come standard with a pull-up bar, which is a bummer, especially considering the price. The good news is that you can pick one up, but it will cost you $150.
- Plate storage: get yourself a pair of adjustable plate storage pins to organize your weight plates. These are sold individually and cost $80. The drawback is that storing your plates on the rack makes it more challenging to fold and move it around if necessary.
What Others Are Saying About The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack
Here are some reviews from happy customers:
I was searching for one last piece of equipment for our home gym when I found the Phoenix Rack. When I showed my son the video of how it folds out and folds away, he said, "Oh!". I knew from his reaction he agreed to buy this rack. I had already read the reviews about the quality of this rack, so I looked forward to seeing it for myself. When we received the rack, we were all smiles. The packaging is well done and arrived without even the smallest scratch. We assembled it the same day we got it. This is a seriously heavy-duty piece of equipment, and the design is genius. We also got the beefy wheel kit which makes it super easy to roll out and roll away. We are delighted with our purchase.
The best squat rack I could ask for. I have a townhouse with one car garage and wanted a solution that wasn't bolted to the wall so as not to disturb my neighbors' wall. This is the rack for me. It folds up nicely against the back wall of my garage. The pins keep it secured in the folding position, so I'm not concerned about it falling over. It's not in my wife's way when folded, so I hear no complaints from her. This rack is well BUILT. I am so impressed. Attention to detail is there; the quality is supreme. I know this will last my lifetime.
I bought my Phoenix Rack three months ago and couldn’t be happier. It’s sturdy as can be, such a space saver, and looks incredible. I upgraded to the matte green, plus added wheels. This allows my wife to fold and store it, too—superb product and worth the price.
I am really impressed by this equipment. It is the focal point of my garage gym that everyone compliments. Not just for looks, though; it is built like a tank! Even with its folding capability, it handles weights perfectly, and the additional attachments make it versatile for any home gym—definitely a company to keep an eye on. I can't wait to see the next big thing!
When covid hit, I decided to expand and build out of the home gym setup. I had no idea exactly how far I would take it, but as everybody knows, the squat rack or cage is the centerpiece of a decent gym. My issue was space restrictions, as I only have use of a single-car garage, and flexible space is at a premium in it. My search started with wall-mounted racks, but I soon realized my garage was on a slant, and my garage door opened fairly low, so I have a short ceiling height. Enter the Phoenix. I waited a while for this thing to show up, but it was worth every second and every penny. Qc is second to none, straightforward to set up and break down, and with the 6' uprights, this thing is perfect for me and my setup. The exceptional thing about buying from Bridge, though, is the customer service experience. When I upgraded to the expansion kit, I encountered a serious safety issue with part fitment. Patryk called me at 11 pm on a Saturday to help me figure out a safe and effective permanent solution. What other company do you know that takes care of their customers like that?!
Bridge Built Phoenix Rack: Final Words
The Bridge Built Phoenix Rack is a high-quality folding rack made for strength training. It consists of 11-gauge steel, has a weight capacity of 1,000+ lbs (454+ kg), and is compatible with various attachments that expand its functionality.
The rack comes with standard J-hooks and is compatible with safety spotter arms, dip bars, a landmine attachment, a pull-up bar, plate storage pins, and more. The Phoenix Rack provides a stable and safe platform for various exercises, making it a great addition to any home gym or commercial fitness facility.