Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack: An Overview
The Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack is a premium-grade product for strength enthusiasts with limited space for a home gym.
Its compact size makes it ideal for a garage or basement gym. However, the product weighs 330 lbs (149.8 kg) and has six points of contact with the floor, making it incredibly sturdy.
The product comes with a pull-up bar, weight storage, and J-cups, allowing you to do various exercises and store your weight plates without purchasing a weight stand. Additionally, it comes with Westside hole spacing (1” or 2.54 cm) throughout the bench zone, making it easy to set the barbell at the perfect height for various exercises.
Aside from that, the product is incredibly sturdy and durable. The uprights are 3x3” 11-gauge steel, capable of supporting a lot of weight.
We may earn a commission if you buy something through our links. Check out the affiliate disclaimer.
What Makes The Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack Great
The Rogue Moster Lite Half rack features a compact frame, sturdy build, lots of plate storage (which comes standard), Westside hole spacing, and more.
Despite the smaller size, it features a beautiful all-black design and provides a ton of usability. Plus, it comes with a pull-up bar, which allows you to do even more effective exercises like pull-ups, dead hangs, hanging leg raises, etc.
Here are eight things that make the Rogue Moster Lite Half Rack worth considering:
- Compact size
- Sturdy build
- Plate storage is standard
- Westside hole spacing
- No need to bolt it down
- Resistance band pegs
- Numbered holes
- It looks great
An In-Depth Look At the 8 Rogue Moster Lite Half Rack Benefits
1. Compact Size
The dimensions of the Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack are:
- Height - 90.3″ (229.3 cm)
- Width - 49" or 124.4 cm (uprights), 53" or 134.6 cm (to foot plates), 76.2" or 193.5 cm (plate storage)
- Depth - 17” or 24” (43.1 or 60.9 cm) inside the rack
I recommend getting the rack with a 17” depth to save some space. The reason is that you won’t be able to do much training inside the frame, especially if you’ve loaded weight plates on the pins in the back.
2. Sturdy Build
Despite not being a full rack, what sets the Monster Lite half rack apart from most of the competition is how sturdy it feels.
The unit weighs 330 lbs (149.8 kg), which is quite hefty, and it has six points of contact with the floor, as opposed to the traditional four. As such, it’s nearly impossible to cause the rack to shake, even if you slam a loaded barbell against the uprights at the end of a heavy set.
Plus, the plate storage makes the half rack even sturdier. Keeping several hundred pounds of weight makes the frame even more solid and less likely to wobble.
3. Plate Storage Included
The half rack has eight storage pegs, each with 12.5” (31.7 cm) of loadable space. Even if you can only rack 100 lbs per peg (45 kg), that’s 800 lbs (363 kg) of storage.
Aside from making the half rack far sturdier, you save money and space by not having to get a weight plate stand.
4. Westside Hole Spacing
The rack has Westside hole spacing (1” or 2.54 cm) throughout the bench and pull zone, with a 2” distance above and below.
As a result, it is far easier to set the barbell at the perfect height for your sets, especially on the bench and incline press.
5. Numbered Holes
Speaking of the holes on the uprights, the Monster Lite half rack has numbered uprights. Aside from looking great, that makes setting the J cups at an even height in seconds easier.
6. Resistance Band Pegs
The Rogue Monster Lite half rack has four resistance band pegs, two on each side.
Most people won’t need them, but it’s nice to have them if you want to do some deadlifts, bench and overhead presses, shrugs, rows, or squats for power development. Wrap looped bands on both ends of the barbell to make the top of each repetition more challenging.
7. No Need to Bolt It Down
Given its weight and sturdiness, the Monster Lite doesn’t need to be bolted to the floor, making the assembly process much easier. The six contact points will keep the rack steady no matter what you do.
Still, Rogue offers the option to bolt the half rack to the floor if you prefer to be 100 percent sure.
8. Great Design
This is more of a subjective factor, but it’s worth noting that the Rogue Monster Lite half rack looks great.
Rogue never disappoints when it comes to product design, and this rack is no different. Plus, given the quality and the company’s reputation, these racks maintain their value quite well, which means you can sell it off down the road and make most of the money back.
A Few Drawbacks of the Monster Lite Half Rack
1. No Color Options
While it looks great, the Monster Lite half rack has no color options outside the classic black.
Don’t get me wrong - I love how it looks, but it’s certainly a drawback, especially considering the price tag of this half rack.
If you’re partial to another color and want to customize your home gym in a specific way, that can get in the way, but it certainly shouldn’t be a big issue for most people.
2. No Spotter Arms Included
Unfortunately, the Monster Lite half rack doesn’t come standard with any safety options. You can order a pair of Rogue spotter arms to go with your half rack, but that will cost you $175 more.
3. Quite Expensive
The final drawback of the product is rather obvious: its price tag. Compared to most other half racks on the market, this one costs almost double.
However, we can’t discount the advantages and the fact that Rogue products hold their value quite well, which means you can sell it later and make most of your money back, so long as you keep it in good condition.
What’s Included In The Package
Here’s what you get as part of the standard package:
- (1) Laser-Cut, Black-On-Black Rogue Nameplate / Back Crossmember
- (1) Single Skinny Front Pull-Up Bar
- (8) Plate Storage Posts - 12.5” Loadable Length, Signature Texture Black
- (1) Set of Standard Monster Lite J-Cups - Signature Texture Black
- (1) Set of Band Pegs - Black Zinc
- (2) Angled Monster Lite Front Feet - MG Black
- All Required 5/8” Hardware
Attachment Compatibility Of The Rogue Moster Lite Half Rack
The Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack has 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights, and ⅝” (15.8 mm) holes, which means all the Rogue Monster Lite attachments available will work for this half rack:
- SAML-24 Monster Lite Safety Spotter Arms
- Monster Lite Matador dip bar
- Rogue Landmine attachment
- Monster Lite J-Cups
And much more. You can check other available options on this page.
Getting a pair of spotter arms should be your number one priority. However, you can also get a dip bar and landmine attachment for even more versatility in your training.
Outside of Rogue Fitness, you can look into many other brands that support 3x3” ⅝” configurations. One that comes to mind is REP Fitness because they offer some decent add-ons for half racks and full racks.
What Others Are Saying About The Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack
Here are some of the reviews for the Rogue Monster Lite half rack:
- “Packaged well. Quality is good. Setting it up is real easy.” - Mikey
- “I recently purchased the ML Half-Rack and am extremely impressed with its quality and effectiveness. The rack and associated equipment is extremely well-constructed and will likely last a lifetime. The weight of the rack is unreal, making it surprisingly stable, even against my best efforts to shake the thing, it doesn't budge, especially when weighted down with all the bumper plates, bar, and associated equipment. One of the things I love most is the compact design, to which I thought I'd be sacrificing workout assortment and flexibility. Ultimately, I have not been hindered in any way. I even received feedback from a full-rack owner that they wished they could go back and get this half-rack. I had a minor issue with the Rogue crossmember that was ultimately resolved within a couple of days, great customer service. This is so heavy, and the posts are so long that I'd recommend not trying to stand this up and connect the sides alone...unless you are Thor. I love this rack and would buy it again, even if I had more space in the garage!” - Ryan
- “Just got this rack installed yesterday. It's so over built for the majority of people who will use it. Love it. It could probably withstand a bomb landing on it. The hole spacing is perfect. It fits perfectly in my garage with plenty of space left over. On top of the rack being so awesome, the customer service was impeccable. A very critical piece was lost in the mail along the way. Rogue staff (Selena) got me a new one on the way immediately. I would highly recommend this rack for a home, garage, or even a small commercial gym.” - Blackiron
- “I bought the Monster Lite half-rack with Ohio bar, as well as the Rogue rubber plate set. It’s perfect! Aside from a minor parts issue (resolved in less than 72 hours, including shipping), this was a great purchase. Easy to assemble (easier with help) and doesn’t take up too much garage space. Highly recommended!” - Sabe
- “Just finished setting this thing up, and let me say I’m beyond impressed. I feel like this rack is very “unnoticed” as far as the racks go, I never see anything online about this one. One of the reasons I chose this is because of the 90” height, which fits absolutely perfectly in my basement, and I can still do pull-ups without bending my legs, and I’m 6’2”! This thing is solid as anything and will not move for anything. So nice and aesthetically pleasing to top it off. 5 Stars no doubt.” - Keith
Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack: The Final Verdict
The Rogue Monster Lite Half Rack is a premium-grade product that offers many advantages for trainees.
Rogue is a reputable company known for its excellent customer service, timely delivery, and quality products with great design. If you can afford the Monster Lite half rack, go for it because it will likely last a lifetime and maintain its value well over the years.
However, keep in mind that you might have to spend a bit of extra money, at least for a pair of spotter arms, which don’t come standard with the package.