REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder Overview
REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder is a highly customizable, heavy-duty power rack, able to withstand anything you throw its way. Built from 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights, this rack is sturdy and incredibly versatile. It can withstand up to 1,000 lbs (454 kilograms), making it the ideal choice for beginners and advanced lifters.
The PR-4000’s precision manufacturing ensures a high-quality build, and 1” hole spacing throughout the bench zone means you can set the barbell at the ideal height on movements like the bench press.
If that weren’t enough, the PR-4000 frame is compatible with various attachments, allowing you to make all kinds of upgrades and customizations as soon as you purchase the rack or down the road.
The PR-4000 has received many positive reviews for its build quality, impressive weight capacity, and customizability. It’s a testament to REP Fitness’ commitment to delivering quality home gym equipment that caters to strength enthusiasts of all levels.
Whether you’re looking to improve your existing home gym or make your first big purchase, the REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder is worth considering.
- American made
- Type: heavy-duty power rack
- Rated for: 1,000 lbs (454 kg)
- Made with 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights
- 5/8” hardware
- Westside hole spacing (1” apart) throughout the bench zone
- 2” hole spacing above and below
- Footprint: 47” W x 16”, 24”, 30”, or 41” D ()
- Height: 80” or 93”
- Attachment series: 4000
- Six color options
What Makes REP Fitness PR-4000 Great?
Here are ten things that make the REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder a great option:
1. Heavy-duty and sturdy
The PR-4000 has 3x3” 11-gauge steel uprights, making it a sturdy and durable power rack capable of withstanding serious training.
The PR-4000 is highly customizable, allowing customers to make multiple adjustments before placing an order. Some customization options include:
- Rack height (80” or 93”)
- Rack depth (16”, 24”, 30, or 41”)
- Uprights colors (6 options)
- Weight storage (yes or no)
- Pull-up bar type (straight, multi-grip, etc.)
- Safeties (spotter arms, straps, etc.)
- Optional weight storage (yes or no)
3. Attachment options
The PR-4000 is compatible with numerous attachments. Some of the best ones include a dip bar, landmine, leg roller, band pegs, and even a lat pulldown attachment. We’ll look at these more in-depth below.
4. Weight capacity
The PR-4000 rack builder is a commercial-grade frame rated to support up to 1,000 lbs (454 kg), making it ideal for anyone interested in getting as strong as possible.
5. Westside hole spacing
The PR-4000 features 1” hole spacing through the bench zone, allowing you to set the barbell at the perfect height for bench presses, rack pulls, etc.
6. ⅝” hardware
The holes on the uprights are ⅝”, which is standard in the industry and makes the PR-4000 compatible with attachments and upgrades from other manufacturers.
For example, Rogue Fitness attachments can work for the PR-4000. You just have to double-check the uprights’ size and hardware before placing an order.
7. Laser-cut numbering
The rack comes with laser-cut numbers every five holes, making it easy to line up attachments, J-hooks, and spotter arms for your lifts.
8. Augment reality feature
The REP PR-4000 Rack Builder visualizes almost all the features and options in real-time, allowing you to see how your custom rack would look in your home gym.
9. Rack type
Depending on your needs and budget, you can customize your PR-4000 rack to be a half-rack or a full-blow, 6-post power rack.
For example, a 16” depth with no extras means your PR-4000 is going to be a half-rack. In contrast, a 41” depth with additional weight storage (with an additional depth of 16” to 41”) instantly transforms your half-rack into a monster rack.
10. Precision manufacturing
The PR-4000 features precision manufacturing, ensuring high-quality build, reliable performance, and stability for home gym workouts.
3 Drawbacks of REP Fitness PR-4000
1. The cost racks up fast
Care to guess the cost difference between the most basic PR-4000 rack and a premium setup? About $1300.
A basic rack (80” H and 16” D, a 1.25” straight pull-up bar, standard J-cups, no special colors, no weight storage, and no attachments) costs $799.94.
In contrast, a premium build (the largest and tallest frame with weight storage, band pegs, a dip bar, a multi-grip pull-up bar, spotter arms, a landmine attachment, and blue color for the uprights and cross-members) will set you back $2114.88.
2. Only numbered on one side
The uprights of the PR-4000 are only numbered on one side, which can be inconvenient for people who enjoy training inside and outside the rack.
You would have to look around to make sure your J-cups, attachments, and spotter arms are aligned correctly.
3. REP Fitness recommends bolting the rack down
Here’s what the folks at REP Fitness have to say:
“Yes. If you add the Rear Base Stabilizer onto a 41" depth PR-4000, you don't have to. However, if you're using the Iso Arms, Spotter Arms, or Globe Pull-Up Bar, you do need to bolt your rack down, even with the Rear Base Stabilizer, regardless of your rack's depth. With those attachments, you also need to add Front Foot Extensions to keep the rack stable.”
What's Included in the Package
- The REP PR-4000 rack
- All the attachments you order
- The bolts and screws necessary for the assembly
- Detailed assembly instructions
Attachment Compatibility Of REP Fitness PR-4000
Here is a list of the REP Fitness attachments compatible with the PR-4000:
- Dip Station - it costs $119.99 and attaches to one of your squat rack uprights via a pin.
- Landmine Attachment - one of these costs $89.99 and attaches to one of the uprights of your squat rack.
- Weight Storage Horns - a set comes with 12 weight storage horns, capable of holding hundreds of pounds. The 4000 set costs $195.
- Pull-Up Bar - the price ranges from $59.99 for the straight 1.25” bar to $169.99 for the globe front-mount pull-up bar.
- Spotter Arms - these cost $149.99 and are designed to keep the barbell in the air and catch it if you fail to complete a rep.
- Flip-Down Safeties - these are similar to spotter arms. The primary difference is that you position them inside the rack, between the front and back uprights. You must pick the length based on your squat rack depth. A pair costs $139.99.
- Standard J-Cups - these cost $69.99 and aren’t included in the package.
- Leg Roller - one of these costs $89.99 and adds a ton of versatility to your training. You can use it to secure your legs for lat pulldowns, decline crunches, Nordic hamstring curls, and more.
- Band Pegs - a 4-pack of these costs $29.99 and allows you to anchor your resistance bands for warm-up and mobility work or include band tension to barbell lifts like back squats.
- Plate-Loaded Lat Pulldown And Low-Row - one of these costs $449.99 and attaches to your 4000-series squat rack. It has a high and low pulley for added versatility in your training.
You can learn more about these, how much they cost, and how they look here.
What Others Are Saying About REP Fitness PR-4000
Here’s what some customers say about the PR-4000:
- “This is truly a very well-built power rack for the cost. As soon as I had it assembled, I knew right away it was worth every penny. Beyond stoked at how sturdy and solid it felt. The foot extensions and the back brace alone made this thing a tank. This will bring the luxury of being able to lift with total peace of mind. Thanks, REP, for making affordable solid products.” - Alex
- “I spent months researching racks prior to my purchase. There are tons of other reviews and videos for most other brands, but not as many on REP Fitness, especially the PR-4000. Based on my experience with your benches, I took the gamble.
Quality - amazing. Went with the raw clear coat. Looks amazing and is solid as can be. I have a rack for life.
Shipping - from the date of the order to delivery was about a week. Was blown away by this, considering I live on the east coast. Everything arrived packaged very well. Nothing damaged or missing.
Cost - the quality of your product is very comparable to Rogue, but your price blows them out of the water. For a home gym, you have to consider diminishing returns for your purchase. Bang for buck, you can’t beat Rep fitness PR-4000.” - John
- “My fiance and I have been wanting to build a home gym for a while now and kept debating between getting a power rack from REP Fitness or Titan. We decided to go with rep fitness since we were pretty impressed with the build quality and workmanship on the Zero Gap bench we received from them.
The power rack exceeded our expectations. It was so easy to assemble, and the quality was exceptional. We got our power rack in the blue, and it looked even better in person! The rack was really sturdy after we added the stabilizer bar. We have all of our friends come over to use our setup since they enjoy how easily adjustable it is. I’m still blown away by how REP Fitness is able to provide high-quality equipment at a very competitive price point.” - Jinjoo
- “This rack has so many great options for a wonderful price. The quality of the rack is excellent! I would highly recommend this rack to anyone.” - Samuel
“This rack was customized to meet my needs. I got the 80-inch tall model because of the low ceilings in my basement. I also wanted a rack I did not need to bolt to the floor. With the optional stabilizer bar, this rack is rock-solid and stable. I am already considering some add-ons, such as the last machine and dip bars.” - James
The REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder is a highly customizable, heavy-duty power rack built to last. It's made from 3x3" 11-gauge steel and can support up to 1,000 lbs, making it suitable for beginners and advanced lifters.
The rack's precision manufacturing ensures a high-quality build, and its 1" hole spacing throughout the bench zone allows for optimal barbell height adjustment.
Overall, the REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder is a versatile and durable piece of equipment that works great for all lifters.
Whether you're looking to improve your existing home gym or make your first big purchase, the REP Fitness PR-4000 Rack Builder is a worthy investment.