MyRack Folding Power Rack Overview
Meet the MyRack Folding Power Rack, your fresh new ally in the fitness world. This powerhouse is built from sturdy, heavy-duty steel, ready to tackle the most demanding workouts head-on.
But its strength isn't its only charm. The MyRack power rack shows off its versatile side with adjustable height and width settings, molding itself to fit your unique workout preferences.
Feel like changing things up? No problem. It comes ready with various customizable add-ons, including a landmine attachment, a multi-grip pull-up bar, and a dip bar.
And when your workout is finished? This nifty rack folds up neatly against the wall, freeing up space for other activities.
The MyRack Folding Power Rack isn't just another piece of gym equipment; it's your passport to a flexible, space-efficient workout routine.
- American made
- Type: folding rack
- Rated for: 2,000 lbs (908 kg)
- Made with 2.4” by 2.4” 12-gauge steel uprights
- ⅝” hardware
- Westside hole spacing (1” apart)
- Footprint: 49” width by 41” depth (124.4 by 104.1 cm)
- Height: 86” (218.4 cm)
- Folded dimensions: 52” width x 20” depth x 84” height (132 by 50.8 by 213.3 cm)
- Approximately 175 lbs (79.4 kg) total weight with J-hooks
- Classic black color
- Numbered holes on the uprights
What Makes The MyRack Folding Power Rack Great?
Let's delve into what sets the MyRack Folding Power Rack apart from the crowd. This section explores the eight distinct features and qualities that make this power rack a good choice.
1. It folds. The most obvious benefit of this rack is that it folds, which means it doesn’t have to take up as much space when you’re not working out. Additionally, it is also free-standing, which means no installation is required. Most folding squat racks must be mounted to a wall or the floor, which isn’t the case here.
2. Multi-grip pull-up bar. Unlike most racks that come standard with a straight pull-up bar, this one has a multi-grip bar, which makes it easier to do pull-ups and chin-ups with different grips.
3. Easy to set up. Folding racks can be a hassle because you have to fold and unfold yours for each workout. MyRack also has that issue, but its design makes it far easier to set up when compared to other folding racks. Below is a video demonstration of how the process occurs (unfolding starts at 0:21, and folding starts at 1:35):
4. Westside hole spacing. MyRack comes with holes spaced 1” from the bottom to above the middle, allowing you to adjust the barbell to the perfect height for most exercises. The hole spacing above that is the standard 2”. Also, the holes are numbered, which makes it easier to set your J-hooks, spotter arms, and other attachments at the same height.
5. Supports a ridiculous amount. Force USA MyRack folding power rack is rated to support up to 2,000 lbs (908 kg), twice the usual capacity you see on most racks.
Nobody will ever need that much weight capacity, but it goes to show just how sturdy and resilient the frame is and how it will likely stand the test of time, even if you routinely load it up with hundreds of pounds.
6. Multiple attachment options. MyRack supports numerous upgrades, including pins for weight plates, spotter arms (or straps), a landmine attachment, a dip bar, and more. You can check out the list of supported items on the product page.
7. It supports band pegs. These metal pieces allow you to anchor your resistance bands and loop them over both ends of your barbell for power-style training. You can also use the pegs as anchor points for simple band movements like curls, extensions, and lateral raises.
8. Great value for the price. Overall, MyRack is an excellent pick because it doesn’t cost that much, but you still get a lot. The frame’s quality is excellent, the rack offers a ton of versatility, and you get a lifetime warranty on the frame, which provides peace of mind.
3 Drawbacks of the MyRack Folding Power Rack
No product is perfect, and the MyRack Folding Power Rack isn't an exception. While remarkable in many respects, there are a few drawbacks to consider:
1. Extra Attachments Rack Up The Cost
One of the biggest selling points of the MyRack Folding Power Rack is its customizability, but that can be a double-edged sword.
The cost of the power rack itself is reasonable, but each attachment increases the cost. For example:
- J-hooks pro - $60
- Monolift - $200
- Spotter arms - $100
- Four weight plate holders - $50
- Landmine - $80
- Dip bar - $124
2. It Takes up Space Even When Folded
The MyRack Folding Power Rack is a more compact option than half or full racks, but it still takes up a fair amount of room, even when folded. This is something to consider if you’re working out in a small space.
For reference, the folded dimensions are 52” width by 20” depth by 84” height (132 by 50.8 by 213.3 cm).
3. Not Compatible With Attachments From Other Manufacturers
The final issue worth mentioning is MyRack’s compatibility with other manufacturers. The uprights of the rack measure 2.4” by 2.4”, which is slightly different from the usual 2” by 2”, 2” by 3”, and 3” by 3”.
This means you’ll likely be tied to MyRack items when looking to upgrade or customize your rack, which can be somewhat limiting and frustrating.
What's Included in the Package
- Force USA folding power rack
- Multi-grip pull-up bar
- All the necessary tools and instructions for assembly
Attachment Compatibility Of The MyRack Folding Power Rack
MyRack Folding Power Rack is compatible with many attachments. Here is a list:
- J-Hooks Pro: a pair of these costs $60. Unfortunately, these aren’t included in the package.
- Monolift System: these are rated to support 2645 lbs (). A pair costs $200.
- Safety Spotter Arms, Box Tube Safeties, and Safety Slings: their purpose is to provide safety and catch the barbell if you fail to complete a rep. Pick from the three. Each costs $100.
- Weight Plate Holder: these are easy to install on your rack with pins. The sleeve length (where the weight plates rest) is 8” or 20.3 cm. Each pack costs $50 and includes four holders.
- Landmine attachment: great for various barbell exercises like landmine rows, Meadows rows, rotations, etc. One of these will set you back $80.
- Dip bar: it has a convenient V-shaped form for bodyweight activities like dips and suspended leg raises. It costs $124.
- Band pegs: these are installed on both sides of the squat rack and allow you to anchor loop bands for specialized power training and such. A pack of these costs $20 and includes four pegs (two for each side).
What Others Are Saying About The MyRack Folding Power Rack
Here are some customer reviews:
- I have had this rack for about a month and have loved everything about the rack it is nice how they come with the packaging to label every part and have a separate compartment so you don't have to dig through different parts to find out that you're missing something or find each piece that made the assembly extremely quick and easy.
The only thing I would wish for that this had would be if it had something that would be more standard with the dimensions of each rack post so that you could get different attachments that weren't proprietary. - Ian
- I love this rack. It's perfect for my home gym, and I love that it folds to minimize space while I'm not using it.
My only issue with the rack is the dimensions of the uprights. The 2.4"x2.4" dimensions force you to buy their attachments. I had planned on getting Ghost Strong J cups in the future, but it would require an entirely new rack. Granted, that's my fault for not reading the description.
Nonetheless, the rack is fantastic. I've recommended it to all my friends and hope new attachments will be made. - Nick
- Installation was easy, the instructions were clear and easy to follow. I love how easy it is to assemble the rack. I can still park two cars inside my garage with the frame folded. There were a few scratches and chips from shipping, but it's not a big deal. Force USA did provide a bottle of touch-up paint. The rack is sturdy. Overall, I am delighted with my purchase and have no issues with it. - Sang
- I have had the rack for a few weeks; everything has been working great. I couldn't be happier with this product! Starting from the ordering process to the customer service delivering on every promise. Unpacking and assembly went without a glitch. (I assembled the folding rack myself - This was not a problem at all). I just wish I received the ordered weight plate holder that is currently not in stock. - Martin
- I love my folding rack. It's great for a garage gym. I looked at several other options but went with the folding rack bc I didn't want to lose the ability to pull both our vehicles into the garage. The installation is straightforward, the build quality is solid, and most of all, it's a space saver. Definitely a great time to own your own gym; it's time to get Corona-Swol. - Jared
This versatile, durable, compact power rack is great for home workouts. Adaptable to your unique needs with numerous attachments, it efficiently packs away when your session's done.
Though adding attachments adds to the cost and requires some space even when folded, its solid structure, impressive load-bearing capacity, and lifetime warranty of the frame make it a worthy investment.