With so much information about lifting online, it is easy to get overwhelmed and confused. There are so many blogs, magazines, books, and youtube channels that you would literally need 10 lifetimes to consume all of that information.
But it doesn’t stop there.
Every day, there are new players popping up and contributing to the already stuffed niche of fitness, training and nutrition and more and more information is being put out there. Not only that, but you also need to make decision as to whether the piece of content you’ve just consumed is worth following or not.
And that is a skill you need to have: you need to know about nutrition, training, periodization, calories, macronutrients, supplements, exercises, human anatomy and much much more to get it right.
Otherwise, you could spend years chasing the wrong advice, not to mention waste your time.
Lifting: How it Has Evolved Over Time
Much like everything else, lifting has also come a long way. We used to believe a lot of things that we now know to be complete lies. And we also know and believe things we thought were ludicrous before.
And that’s normal.
Research has evolved, lifting and bodybuilding have become more popular than ever and in the informational era we live today, every smart individual can get the right information to move forward.
Make no mistake:
There still is A TON OF crap out there and I (and many others) have taken it as a personal challenge to help get rid of it bit by bit.
Today, there are literally thousands of awesome people out there who are dedicated to spreading legit information on nutrition, training, supplementation and more without asking for anything in return.
And to that end, I decided to compile this list of posts from the web into one tidy guide for you to enjoy.
#amReading The Best Fitness Articles: 140 Resources You Need to Read. Get the full guide here:
The Ultimate List of the
Web’s Best Fitness Resources
FROM NUTRITION AND TRAINING TO POWERLIFTING, RECOVERY, AND MOBILITY. THIS GUIDE HAS YOU COVERED
Everything You Need to Know About Nutrition and Diet
Proper nutrition is a fundamental aspect that a lot of people are struggling with. Without it, no matter how good you apply yourself in the gym, how much you sleep, and what supplements you take, you’ll never truly reach your potential.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Intermittent Fasting
- Fix Your Diet: Understanding Proteins, Carbs, and Fats
- 6 Reasons Why Eggs Are The Healthiest Food on The Planet
- IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros): Quick Guide To This Diet Trend
- A College Guide to Eating Healthy
- 12 Signs You Need to Eat More Protein
- The Myth of 1 g/lb: Optimal Protein Intake for Bodybuilders
- The Hidden Dangers Of A Low Carbohydrate Diet
- 20 Delicious High-Protein Foods to Eat
- The Recovery Diet
- Dieting Mistakes
- Top Ten Reasons Why Diets Suck!
- The Complete Guide to Lean Bulking
- How To Build Your Weight Loss Meal Plans And Make Losing Fat Easier On Yourself
- 30 Foods that Can Boost Testosterone Levels Naturally – The Androgenic Pantry
- The Testosterone Diet: Your Complete Meal Plan and Supplement Guide
- The Beginner’s Guide to Carb Cycling for Weight Loss
- Why Having Regular Refeed Days Can Help You Lose Weight Faster
- The Cheat Meal – How To Use Cheat Meals To Stick To Your Diet
- Diet Myth News Flash: Eating Less Does Not Cause Fat Loss
- Limit Protein to 20g Per Meal?
- Fibre: Not Just For Pooping Good
- How Many Meals A Day: Does Meal Frequency Matter?
- The Definitive Guide to Post-Workout Nutrition
- Pre-Workout Nutrition: What to Eat Before a Workout
- Top 15 Anti-Inflammatory Foods
- Why Sugar is The Worst Thing Ever For You. Seriously. Ever.
- An Unbiased Look At Artificial Sweeteners
- Will a High-Protein Diet Harm Your Health?
- 9 Ways to Deal with Hunger on a Diet
- What is Caffeine, and is it Good or Bad For Health?
- The Science of Binge Drinking: 7 Tips to Get Wasted Without Wasting Your Gains
How to Train for Maximum Muscle Growth, Aesthetics & Strength
There are lots of ways to train properly. There are also a ton of training concepts, some effective, some not. The resources below are what I believe to be the most important information you need on training for maximal muscle growth and aesthetics.
- Exercise When Sick: Should You Sweat it Out? Or Rest and Recover?
- How to Bench: The Definitive Guide
- How to Squat: The Definitive Guide
- How to Deadlift: The Definitive Guide
- How to Overhead Press with Proper Form: The Definitive Guide
- Do You Know The 85% Rule For Maximal Progress?
- The Ultimate Calves Workouts for Quickly Adding Size and Strength
- The Ultimate Forearm Workout: The 5 Best Forearm Exercises for Popeye Arms
- 6 Steps To Improve Muscle Imbalances Using Bodyweight Exercises
- Maximum Genetic Muscular Potential – The Models And Their Limitations
- The Intermediate Bodybuilding Sample Program
- How to Properly Track Your Progress
- Can We Predict Muscle Growth?
- The Definitive Guide to Tracking Your Diet and Training Progress
- A Guide to Exercise Selection When You Don’t Have Access to a Coach
- Training to Failure, or Just Training to Fail?
- Everything You Need to Know About Body Fat Percentage
- The 3-Step Skinny Fat Solution
- The “Skinny Fat” Body Type: Should You Bulk or Cut First?
- Practical Considerations for Combining Cardio and Lifting
- The Ten Rules Of Progressive Overload
- Training For Maximum Muscle Growth Explained
- The Science of Sore – DOMS Explained
- Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy: The Bros Were Probably Right
- Blood Flow Restriction Training: The Next Generation of Anabolic Exercise
- Crush Your Training Week With 3 Simple (Tiny) Habits
- Why HIIT Is NOT Better For Fat Loss
- The Top 10 Muscle Building Mistakes To Avoid
- More is More
- The Mind-Muscle Connection: Mindfulness and Strength, Intensity, and Muscle Growth
- “Muscle Memory” is Real and Here’s How It Works
- Training Frequency for Mass Gains
- How to Increase Work Capacity
- How to Gain Lean Muscle: Everything You Need to Know (2018 Updated) - By yours truly.
- HIIT Workouts | The Definitive Guide to High Intensity Interval Training
The Dedicated Powerlifters’ Guide to Maximum Bench, Squat, and Deadlift
Powerlifting is becoming increasingly popular and anyone who is up for the challenge can try it. You’ll learn a lot of important things about building raw strength and power to help you bring out the best total you are capable of.
- The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Bench Press
- High Bar vs. Low Bar Squats for Powerlifting
- Deadlift Form: Sumo vs Conventional, Round Back vs Flat Back
- How to Increase Your Deadlift
- How to Squat More: How I Went From Squatting 175 pounds to 350+ in 16 Weeks
- The Belt Bible
- Size vs. Strength: How Important is Muscle Growth For Strength Gains?
- Why The Texas Method May Be The Best Intermediate Program
- How to Create Your Own Strength Program
- Tapering and Peaking: Why and How
- The Best Lat Exercises: How to Use Your Lats in the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift
- Bench Press Bar Path
- How Important is Muscular Symmetry for Strength Sports?
- Weightlifting Strength Standards
- Hamstrings – The Most Overrated Muscle Group for the Squat
- Hamstrings: The Most Overrated Muscle for the Squat 2.0
- Powerlifting Shoes
- How Femur Length Affects Squat Mechanics
- How to Increase Your Grip Strength For Deadlifts
- Best Lifting Belts
Learn How to Optimize Your Recovery from Training (for More Gains)
Recovery is just as subtle as nutrition. It doesn’t say much but if you don’t pay attention to it, boy can it wreck you. Here are some incredible resources to help you optimize yours for more gains.
- 7 Things You May Be Doing That Impair Workout Recovery
- 10 Muscle Recovery Tips For Improved Performance
- 17 Proven Tips to Sleep Better at Night
- How Can You Tell If You Are Overtraining?
- How To Deload: Deloading Week & Taking Time Off From Working Out
- 10 Proven Ways to Relax Your Muscles and Mind
- Avoiding Cardio Could Be Holding You Back
- 2 Autoregulation Methods to Improve Your Training Progress
- Stress: The Silent Killer (of gains)
Get Your Mobility and Flexibility On The Next Level
You can’t get jacked if your shoulders are jacked up. Or at least, that’s what I always tell myself. Having the ability to perform each movement through its full range of motion pain free is a very important part of long-term progress and longevity.
- The Best Damn Squat Mobility Article. Period.
- 4 Ways to Improve Overhead Shoulder Mobility
- 21 Shoulder Stretches That Provide Relief Anytime
- Should Weightlifters Do Static Stretching?
- Dynamic Stretching Routine: Best Full Body Warm Up
- Simple Thoracic Spine Mobility Exercises Everyone Can Perform
- 6 Ways a Foam Roller Benefits Your Exercise Routine
- Effective 15-Minute Sequence To Improve Hamstring Flexibility
- 6 Natural Ways to Relieve Sciatic Nerve Pain
- The Perfect Deadlift Warmup
- Pre Squat Hip Opener | Mobility Project Episode 363
- How to Fix Lower Back Pain with Strength Training: Your Complete Guide
- 4 Great Exercises for Correcting Anterior Pelvic Tilt
- How To Fix a Posterior Pelvic Tilt
- How To Fix Rounded Shoulders
- 12 Wrist Mobility Drills to Do at Work and Before Lifting
- Ankle Mobility Exercises to Improve Dorsiflexion
Learn What Supplements You Should Spend Money On
Supplements are there to supplement an already existing (and solid) nutrition and training plan. And although I don’t like to rely too much on them, there still are those products out there that work.. and some that don’t. The resources below look at both.
- The HMB Controversy: Better than Steroids?
- Do Testosterone-Boosting Supplements Work?
- The Definitive Guide to the “Fat Burner” Supplement: What Works and What Doesn’t and Why
- Creatine Supplement Information 101
- Beta Alanine Supplements: Your Complete Guide
- Whey Protein 101: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- BCAA Supplements: Why You Don’t Need Them
- Omega-3 Supplement Guide: What to Buy and Why
- Do Weight Gainer & Mass Gainer Supplements Really Work?
- Multivitamins – Benefits, Side Effects & The Best Multivitamin Brand
- Everything You Need to Know About Pre-Workout Supplements
Get The Proper Mindset and Stay Motivated on Your Journey
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
I love this quote and I firmly believe that having the proper mindset is an integral part of being a successful lifter. A 100% appliance to a bad routine will get you better results than half-heartedly training on the best, most well-fitting routine any expert can custom tailor for you.
- The 3 R’s of Habit Change: How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick
- The Key for Progress: Recognizing and Overcoming Laziness
- Realistic is Overrated
- Strong Starts in the Mind: The Benefits of Active Imagery for Lifters
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions
- How to NOT Suck at Goal Setting
- Embrace the Grind
- Is the Motivation to Lose Weight Ruining Your Progress?
- Motivation: The Scientific Guide on How to Get and Stay Motivated
A Gym Newbie? Awesome. Learn Everything You Need to Know for a Great Start on Your Journey
If you are a gym newbie and have no idea what the hell is going on or where to start, I strongly recommend going through the resources below.
- Proper Gym Etiquette: How to Not be a Newbie in the Gym
- How to Start Going to The Gym: A Complete Guide
- Muscle Soreness & Pump: Are They Important To Your Workout?
- The Beginner Weight Training Workout Routine
- Strict Form VS. Cheating Reps What’s Best for Muscle Growth?)
- 20 Mainstream Nutrition Myths (Debunked by Science)
- The 12 Most Popular Weight Lifting Myths Debunked
- Top 12 Biggest Myths About Weight Loss
- 5 Unforgivable Muscle Building Workout Mistakes Beginners Make
- The Beginner’s Guide to Maximum Newbie Gains
- Clean Bulking vs. Dirty Bulking: Which is Better?
- The Myth Of Muscle Confusion
- Body Recomposition: What it is and How to do It Effectively
Download a FREE PDF version of this guide.
Allow me to send you a copy so you can read it whenever you want. Just give me your best email address (it takes less than 10 seconds):
(contains a bonus chapter: “Best Books Recommendations”)