With so many fitness articles online, it is easy to get overwhelmed and confused. There are so many blogs, magazines, books, and youtube channels that you would need ten lifetimes to consume all of that information.
But it doesn’t stop there.
Every day, new players are popping up and contributing to the already stuffed niche of fitness, and more information is put out there.
Not only that, but you also need to decide as to whether the piece of content you’ve just consumed is worth following or not.
And that is a skill you need to have: you need to know about nutrition, training, periodization, calories, macronutrients, supplements, exercises, human anatomy and much much more to get it right.
Otherwise, you could spend years chasing the wrong advice, not to mention waste your time.
Don't have the time to read the whole thing right now?
No problem. Allow me to send you a copy so you can read it whenever you want. Just give me your best email address (it takes less than 10 seconds):
(contains a bonus chapter: “Best Books Recommendations”)
Lifting: How it Has Evolved Over Time
Much like everything else, lifting has also come a long way. We used to believe a lot of things that we now know to be complete lies. And we also know and understand things we thought were ludicrous before.
And that’s normal.
Research has evolved, lifting and bodybuilding have become more popular than ever, and in the informational era we in live today, every smart individual can get the right information to move forward.
Make no mistake:
There still is a lot of misinformation and crap out there, and I and many others have taken it as a personal challenge to help get rid of it bit by bit.
Today, there are thousands of awesome people out there who are dedicated to spreading legit information on nutrition, training, supplementation and more without asking for anything in return.
And to that end, I decided to compile this list of posts from the web into one tidy guide for you to enjoy.
The Ultimate List of the
Web’s Best Fitness Articles
From Nutrition And Training to Powerlifting, Recovery, And Mobility - This Guide Has You Covered.
Everything You Need to Know About Nutrition and Diet
Proper nutrition is a fundamental aspect that a lot of people are struggling with. Without it, no matter how well you apply yourself in the gym, how much you sleep, and what supplements you take, you’ll never truly reach your potential.
- Here’s why you’re always hungry. (Hint: It's got absolutely nothing to do with calories).
- Carbohydrate confessions: Stories (and data) from a low carb convert.
- The Poor Misunderstood Carbohydrate
- The myth of 1 g/lb: Optimal protein intake for bodybuilders
- All About Healthy Fats
- All About Fiber
- What is Flexible Dieting? Here’s How to Get Started
- The Beginner's Guide to Intermittent Fasting - 2019 Update
- A College Guide to Eating Healthy
- How to Lean Bulk: The Ultimate Guide
- Re-feeds & Macro Cycling: Is Non-linear Dieting Necessary?
- Do you need 4 meals per day for maximum growth after all?
- Everything You Need to Know About Pre-Workout Nutrition
- All About Post-Workout Nutrition
- Limit Protein to 20g Per Meal?
- Full Guide: Caffeine & Resistance Training
- The Science of Binge Drinking: 7 Tips to Get Wasted Without Wasting Your Gains
- An Unbiased Look At Artificial Sweeteners
- Will a High-Protein Diet Harm Your Health?
- The Simple Guide to Healthy Living on a Budget in 2019
- How to Stop Binge Eating: The 7 Steps You Need to Follow
- Nutrition Labels Are Inaccurate (and the Math Behind Why It Doesn’t Matter)
- Building Muscle on Keto: What 20 Studies Say (2018 Update)
- Fructose: Burying the Boogeyman
Everything You Need to Know About Effective Fat Loss
Fat loss is a controversial field. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there who are making it increasingly more challenging to navigate successfully. Whether you want to learn in detail how fat loss works, pull off a long fat loss phase or merely shed a couple of pounds to continue your mass gaining, the resources below will be of tremendous value.
- How To Maintain Muscle When Losing Fat
- What You Need To Know About Metabolic Adaptation
- Leptin, ghrelin, and weight loss. Here's what the research has to say.
- Tracking Progress Is Essential – Here’s How to Do It Right
- Water Retention and Weight Loss: You Can Lose Fat, But Not Weight?
- How to Implement Diet Breaks to Get Shredded Lean
- Recovery Diet > Reverse Diet
- For The Millionth Time, Spot Reduction Is A Myth!!!
- Everything You Need to Know About Body Fat Percentage
- Individual Differences: The Most Important Consideration For Your Fitness Results That Science Doesn’t Tell You
- Coffee and appetite: Does coffee make you more or less hungry?
- The Best Fat Loss Article on the Motherfuckin’ Internet
- Is the Motivation to Lose Weight Ruining Your Progress?
- Bookmark this: The Mini Cut Manual
- The cost of getting lean: Is it really worth the trade-off?
- Set Point Theory: Does Your Body Defend Against Fat Loss?
- 3 Reasons You Shouldn’t Use Cheat Meals
- The Definitive Guide to Getting Rid of Stubborn Body Fat
- Metabolic Damage Isn’t Real, but Relative Energy Deficiency Syndrome Is
- Hungry While Cutting? 12 Ways to Reduce Hunger on a Diet
- How To Build Your Weight Loss Meal Plans And Make Losing Fat Easier On Yourself
How to Train for Maximum Muscle Growth, Aesthetics & Strength
There are lots of ways to train appropriately. There are also a ton of training concepts and ideas. Some effective, some not. The resources below are what I believe to be the essential information you need on training for maximal muscle growth.
- Exercise When Sick: Should You Sweat it Out? Or Rest and Recover?
- How to Overhead Press with Proper Form: The Definitive Guide
- 5 Ways To Correct A Muscle Imbalance
- YOUR Drug-Free Muscle and Strength Potential: Part 1
- YOUR Drug-Free Muscle and Strength Potential: Part 2
- Can We Predict Muscle Growth?
- The Intermediate Bodybuilding Sample Program
- How to Properly Track Your Progress
- A Guide to Exercise Selection When You Don’t Have Access to a Coach
- 8 Ways to Finally Make Your Teeny-Tiny Calves Grow
- Do You Know The 85% Rule For Maximal Progress
- Training to Failure, or Just Training to Fail?
- Practical Considerations for Combining Cardio and Lifting
- Trap Bar Deadlifts are Underrated
- There Is Only One Type Of Periodization – Part 1
- There is Only One Type Of Periodization – Part 2
- Training for Hypertrophy: The Case Against Muscle Damage
- The Science Of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- Developing A Mind-Muscle Connection For Muscle Hypertrophy
- The Science of Detraining: How Long You Can Take a Break from the Gym Before You Lose Muscle Mass, Strength, and Endurance
- Rest-Pause: Can You Really Build Muscle Faster With This Tip From the Only Bodybuilder to Ever Beat Arnold Schwarzenegger?
- The Drop Set – Scientific Review and Practical Advice
- How much volume do you need to get stronger and build muscle?
- Training Frequency for Muscle Growth: What the Data Say
- Skinny Fat to Fit: The Ultimate Guide to Transforming Your Body
- The Ten Rules Of Progressive Overload
- The Science of Sore – DOMS explained
- More is More
- How to Increase Work Capacity
- How to Gain Lean Muscle: Everything You Need to Know
- HIIT Workouts | The Definitive Guide to High Intensity Interval Training
- 5 Muscle-Building Mistakes (And How to Make Gains)
- 10 Reasons Bodybuilders Are Bigger Than Powerlifters
- Partial Vs. Full Reps… Or Both?
- What Is The Best Time of Day to Work Out? (Does It Matter?)
- Training Volume Landmarks For Muscle Growth
The Dedicated Powerlifters’ Guide to Maximum Bench, Squat, and Deadlift
Powerlifting is here to stay, and anyone who is up for the challenge can try it and see what they are made of. You’ll learn a lot of important things about building raw strength and power to help you bring out the best total you are capable of.
- How to Bench: The Definitive Guide
- How to Squat: The Definitive Guide
- How to Deadlift: The Definitive Guide
- Peaking for Powerlifting
- No-Nonsense Periodization for Powerlifting
- Concurrent Training for the Powerlifter, Part 1: An Introduction and Background
- Concurrent Training for the Powerlifter, Part 2: Physiology & Application
- Complete Guide to Cutting Weight Without Sacrificing Strength
- Training Frequency for Strength Development: What the Data Say
- What I Learned About Injury Rates from Surveying 1,900 Powerlifters
- Getting Stronger: How to Break Through Strength Plateaus
- The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Bench Press
- High Bar vs. Low Bar Squats for Powerlifting
- Deadlift Form: Sumo vs Conventional, Round Back vs Flat Back
- 14 Ways To Improve Your Deadlift
- How to Squat More: How I Went From Squatting 175 pounds to 350+ in 16 Weeks
- The Belt Bible
- Size vs. Strength: How Important is Muscle Growth For Strength Gains?
- Why The Texas Method May Be The Best Intermediate Program
- Strength Training Program Design 101: Exercise Selection and Order
- Tapering and Peaking: Why and How
- The Best Lat Exercises: How to Use Your Lats in the Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift
- Bench Press Bar Path
- The Relationship Between Building Muscle and Strength
- How Important is Muscular Symmetry for Strength Sports?
- Weightlifting Strength Standards
- Hamstrings – The Most Overrated Muscle Group for the Squat
- Hamstrings: The Most Overrated Muscle for the Squat 2.0
- Powerlifting Shoes
- How Femur Length Affects Squat Mechanics
- A Grip Like a Vice: Grip Strength Training Tips
- Best Lifting Belts
- How to use Percentages and the RPE Scale
- The 9 Best Assistance Exercises for Raw Powerlifting
Learn How to Optimize Your Recovery from Training (for More Gains)
Recovery is just as subtle as nutrition. It doesn’t say much, but if you don’t pay attention to it, boy can it wreck you. Here are some incredible resources to help you optimize yours for more gains.
- The Science of Sleep: A Brief Guide on How to Sleep Better Every Night
- Sleep Problems? Here’s 21 Tips To Get The Best Sleep Ever
- The Science of Autoregulation
- Foam Rolling for Recovery
- How to Deload: Your Complete Recovery Week Guide
- Stress: The Silent Killer (of gains)
- Avoiding Cardio Could Be Holding You Back
- Am I Overtraining? 7 Warning Signs to Watch Out For
- 10 Muscle Recovery Tips For Improved Performance
- 7 Things You May Be Doing That Impair Workout Recovery
- 10 Proven Ways to Relax Your Muscles and Mind
- 3 CNS Fatigue Myths
Get Your Mobility and Flexibility On The Next Level
You can’t get jacked if your shoulders are jacked up. Or at least, that’s what I always tell myself. Having the ability to perform each movement through its full range of motion pain-free is an essential part of long-term progress and longevity.
- Fixing Hip Pain During Squats
- How to Correctly Treat Piriformis Syndrome
- The Best Damn Squat Mobility Article. Period.
- 4 Ways to Improve Overhead Shoulder Mobility
- 12 Stretches to Help Relieve Tight Shoulders
- Ankle Mobility Exercises to Improve Dorsiflexion
- How To Fix Rounded Shoulders
- How To Fix a Posterior Pelvic Tilt
- How to Fix An Anterior Pelvic Tilt
- Tips to Loosen Tight Hamstrings & Improve Hamstring Flexibility
- The Perfect Deadlift Warmup
- How to Fix Lower Back Pain with Strength Training: Your Complete Guide
- Dynamic Stretching Routine: Best Full Body Warm Up
- Simple Thoracic Spine Mobility Exercises Everyone Can Perform
- Common Squat Injuries: Low Back Pain
- Fixing Lateral Hip Pain
- How to Improve Hip Mobility
- How to Improve Thoracic Spine Mobility
- Improving Lat & Pec Flexibility
- Bench Press Mobility
- 12 Wrist Mobility Drills to Do at Work and Before Lifting
- Should You Fear Lumbar Flexion?
Learn What Supplements You Should Spend Money On
Supplements are there to supplement an already existing nutritional and training plans. And although I don’t like to rely too much on them, there still are those products out there that work.. and some that don’t. The resources below look at both.
- Citrulline Malate Pre-Workout: Does It Work?
- What Is A Proprietary Blend? 5 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Them At All Costs
- 5 Powerful Vitamin D Benefits That Make It a “Super-Vitamin”
- Beta-Alanine Supplements: Your Complete Guide
- Should You Supplement With Glutamine?
- Do Fat Burners Work? The Definitive, Science-Backed Answer
- The HMB Controversy: Better than Steroids?
- Do Testosterone-Boosting Supplements Work?
- This Is the Definitive Guide to Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation
- Protein Shakes For Newbies: What to Buy & When to Drink
- Fish Oil - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects
- BCAA Supplements: Why You Don’t Need Them
- Do Weight Gainer & Mass Gainer Supplements Really Work?
- Should you take a multivitamin?
- Everything You Need to Know About Pre-Workout Supplements
Get The Proper Mindset and Stay Motivated on Your Journey
“Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
I love this quote and I firmly believe that having the proper mindset is an integral part of being a successful lifter. A 100% appliance to a bad routine will get you better results than half-hearted training on the best, most well-fitting program any good coach can custom tailor for you.
- What I Do When I Feel Like Giving Up
- 10 Ways Your Brain Fucks With Your Fitness Goals
- The 3 R’s of Habit Change: How To Start New Habits That Actually Stick
- The Key for Progress: Recognizing and Overcoming Laziness
- How Positive Thinking Builds Your Skills, Boosts Your Health, and Improves Your Work
- Unleash Your Inner Superhero
- The Akrasia Effect: Why We Don’t Follow Through on What We Set Out to Do and What to Do About It
- Realistic is Overrated
- How to Stick With Good Habits Even When Your Willpower is Gone
- Strong Starts in the Mind: The Benefits of Active Imagery for Lifters
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions
- Is the Motivation to Lose Weight Ruining Your Progress?
- Motivation: The Scientific Guide on How to Get and Stay Motivated
- Embrace the Grind
- What Happens When You Believe You’re Taking Steroids
- Grit: A Complete Guide on Being Mentally Tough
A Gym Newbie? Awesome. Learn Everything You Need to Know for a Great Start on Your Journey
If you are a gym newbie and have no idea what the hell is going on or where to start, I strongly recommend going through the resources below.
- New Year’s Fitness Goals: 24 Pieces of Advice That Work
- The Complete Strength Training Guide
- Gym Etiquette 101: Don't Break These 29 Unwritten Rules
- How Important Is Getting a Pump for Building Muscle?
- Are Cheat Reps Beneficial? A Discussion Of The Evidence And Implementation
- 20 Mainstream Nutrition Myths (Debunked by Science)
- Unapologetically Debunking The Top 7 Exercise Myths
- 5 Fat Loss Myths Busted
- How to Start Going to The Gym: A Complete Guide
- 5 Unforgivable Muscle Building Workout Mistakes Beginners Make
- Beginner Gains- Consistency is Key
- The Beginner’s Guide to Maximum Newbie Gains
- Screw the ‘Perfect Diet’ (This is How You Get Sustained Results)
- Clean Bulking vs. Dirty Bulking: Which is Better?
- The Myth Of Muscle Confusion
- How to Stop Feeling Judged at the Gym: The Psychology of Gym Anxiety
- Body Recomposition: What it is and How to do It Effectively
- How Heavy Should You Lift? ("Ego Lifting" Vs. Light Weights)
- A Realistic Look at Progress: Fat Loss and Mass Gain
- On Bodybuilding, Broscience, and Doing Shit Because It Works
Don't forget your FREE PDF bonus:
Get your free PDF version of this collection. Just give me your best email address (it takes less than 10 seconds):
(contains a bonus chapter: “Best Books Recommendations”)